10.13.2011

Outlaw Run 2011: Medora, North Dakota





North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame



<>
<>
Teddy Roosevelt's rifle.


Bunkhouse

Following a quick ride from the Roosevelt National Park we found the 'town' of Medora nestled in between the foothills. Now, I thought Medora would be like any other small town that you might find anywhere in the United States but that wasn't the case. Medora is like a cross between a the town in the "Truman Show" or the "Twilight Zone". The town is really a part of the Teddy Roosevelt National Park. Now, with the exception of the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame, almost if not all of the small stores and restaurants were manned by young college aged folk trucked in from all over the United States and maybe other countries. Most of them wore the same style 'uniforms' that is plaid shirt, jeans and some straw 'cowboy' hat. I had a chance to talk to one of these people and she insisted in speaking in hushed tones as she told me that she really is from Minnesota. I thought I caught a sense of, 'will-you-please-get-me-out-of-here-right-now-they-are-trying-to-kill-us' sense of urgency...but I just chalked that up to my own active imagination, right? So, my guess is that Medora is not 'open' year round. So, Medora is where Teddy or "T.R." spent his younger years and became a man. A very historical location but I was glad to light the wick and leave for Montana with out any passengers! Oh, the ND Cowboy Hall of Fame was TOTALLY worth the stop. Check out the link on the right for more pictures...off to Montana now.

No comments:

Post a Comment