2.17.2011

Scenic, SD pt. 2







We left Scenic on BIA 27 going south. As we rode further south the landscape changed from rolling prairie hills to the 'badlands' sand buttes. I had never seen the badlands before other than as a blurr on Interstate 90 but even 80 mph they looked interesting! So now I had an opportunity to stop and see them. The erosion from the elements created harsh and smooth designs in the formations. Had the sun been out I would probably have seen different colors in the buttes. As a contrast there was a ranch in the area that had several shades of green contrasting the sand colors of the buttes. The experience of seeing the badlands touched me deep in my soul! In 2009 I would actually ride through the eastern end of the Badlands National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment